Home My Books About Me Contests

Friday, November 13, 2009

I Am Going On A Trip, And I Am Going to Bring...


Does anybody remember this game? I remember very clearly that when I was in first/second grade we had to sit in a big circle and play. The game was an alphabet game; you would go around the circle and each person would select an item to bring on the fictitious trip that started with the next successive letter of the alphabet. (I'm going to bring an apple! I'm going to bring a bear! I'm going to bring a circus!)

Anyway, I remember always feeling like the game was really dumb because, it's like, really? You're going to bring a circus on vacation? In your suitcase? Even at the time I was clearly obsessed with realism. And then I always felt like we would all be totally unprepared for an actual vacation, since no one ever said I'm going to bring sunscreen for s or a pullover for p in case the weather gets cold at night.

But anyway, I'm leaving today on vacation for two weeks to lovely Todos Santos, Mexico (yay!!), and I realized that my suitcase is so filled with an assortment of oddities that it could totally have been assembled by a bunch of first-graders playing this game. A selection of the items in my suitcase, below:

2 Cookbooks
7 Regular books
6 bikinis
1 Chef's knife
2 tubes sunscreen
1 Rash guard (for surfing)
1 Meat thermometer
1 very nice bottle of wine
Running Shoes
1 jar of peanut butter

In other words...I'm ready to go!

Will post from south of the border (if Wifi is available)--in the meantime, happy weekend to you all!

xo
Lauren

Embarrassing high school pictures here.

3 comments:

Bookalicious Ramblings said...

Woohoo, enjoooooy and post some pics when you get back. :)

~The Book Pixie said...

I'm with Bookalicious. I wannna see some pictures from your trip. :-) Hope you have tons of fun.

~Briana

Robyn @ Robolobolyn's Universe said...

Man, I LOVED that game when I was a kid! :)

Have fun on your vacation! :)

Post a Comment

 

Content by Lauren Oliver - Copyright 2011. Blog designed by Ella Press Studio - 2011.

Author Photo by Jonathan Alpeyrie - Copyright 2010. Original Font Idea by Erin Fitzsimmons - 2010.